Ektha Apparel is a Bengaluru-based producer-owned social enterprise incorporate in 2013, creating contemporary ethnic clothing and accessories. The 150 producers all have an equal stake in the company. As owner-members, they have access to increased finance, training, social security, childcare, and other more. More than 90% of the members are women, with a significant number of them in supervisory and managerial positions.
- Monthly Production: 18000 pieces, 150 producers, 100 machines • Unit runs at 80% efficiency
- Average Sample creation time: 45 minutes
- In-house product development and design studio
- In-house training and skill development center in partnership with the NSDC
- In-house finishing unit with a capacity of 1000 pieces per day • Planning to add 50 more machines to increase efficiency.