Bangalore Greenkraft is a Bengaluru-based producer-owned social enterprise incorporate in 2012, creating natural fibre lifestyle products and home accessories. The producers all have an equal stake in the company. As owner-members, they have access to increased finance and digital financial services, training, social security, childcare, and other more. More than 80% of the members are women, with a significant number of them in supervisory and managerial positions.
- Monthly Production: 10500 pieces, 35 producers, 25 machines
- Unit runs at 55% efficiency
- Average Sample creation time: 30 minutes • In-house product development and design studio
- In-house training and skill development center in partnership with the NSDC
- In-house finishing unit with a capacity of 1000 pieces per day
- Planning to add 50 more machines to increase efficiency